- Ordering Overview
Johnny Appleseed GPS Policies
Our shopping cart uses secure on-line facilities with 256 bit encryption, and an Extended Validation green certificate which means our company has been independently verified by external accountants, and the certificate issuer.
However if you are concerned about security of credit card information over the Internet, the alternatives are personal shopping at one of our stores
, phone and mail order shopping.
Your enquiry will be treated on a personal basis at Johnny Appleseed GPS.
Phone 1800 GPS GPS (1800 477 477)
All shops contactable on 1800 477 477
. For personal or postal shopping or enquiries our postal addresses in Australia can be found on the contact
We welcome phone, mail, fax or email requests for written quotations, from insurance companies and loss adjusters, corporations, businesses, government and semi-government bodies, councils, indigenous bodies and international agencies. We will be happy to supply written quotes to individuals for private use, if they mail, fax or email us a request with full details of contact and residential addresses.
If the quote is for insurance purposes, please understand we will NOT quote inflated prices. We will quote our normal competitive retail prices, because anything else may be considered fraudulent. We will NOT send written quotes to individuals who phone us.
Return & Refund Policy
Johnny Appleseed GPS understands that sometimes you may need to return something you have purchased from us (either in-store or online). To help with this, we have set out below the Johnny Appleseed GPS Returns Policy which explains key points that you should be aware of.
Our Returns Policy includes the rights have you have under the Australian Consumer Law (if you are a consumer), and does not seek to exclude or limit these. If you are a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law:
How to return a faulty item:
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time. However, the Australian Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period for which a remedy may be available can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. Johnny Appleseed GPS adopts the same approach. As you can appreciate, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
- Consumer Guarantees have no set time limit but generally last for an amount of time that is reasonable to expect given factors including the cost and quality of the product or any representations made.
If you suspect your item is faulty or not working properly, please call us on 1800 477 477 so that we can offer troubleshooting advice over the phone. For a lot of products, we can resolve issues over the phone by offering remote support, or assisting with firmware updates. If you prefer, you may bring your product into any of our stores to be assessed. Alternatively, you can post your product back to any of our stores for assessment. If a fault is found, you are welcome to ask us (Johnny Appleseed GPS) to handle the warranty process for you, or to deal directly with the manufacturer which can be quicker in some situations.
In order to obtain any remedy from us, you must provide us with proof of purchase. This may either be a receipt we issued, or bank statement/credit card statement clearly showing the amount which corresponds to the purchase price, and that shows Johnny Appleseed GPS was the merchant.
Who pays for freight?
Any expenses relating to returning your product to us will normally have to be paid by you. We will pay the return costs to send the repaired/new item back to you, but reserve the right to charge for return freight if you send a non-faulty item back to us.
Can I return an item if it is not faulty?
As a retailer we are not obliged to accept return of goods purchased at our store unless required under Australian Consumer Law. We do not have to accept returns if you changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase, or had no use for it. Please make your choice with this in mind.
We can only accept non-faulty goods for return in the following circumstances:
If you wish to request your non-faulty product outside of the above conditions, our Store Manager may consider your request, and determine a re-stocking fee based on the conditions of the goods, and date of purchase. At our prerogative, any refund agreed upon, may be in a form other than cash or credit/debit card reversal, for example cheque or bank transfer.
- You have a valid receipt or other proof of purchase with this store
- You were offered a return acceptance within a particular time frame, by the sales person at the time of purchase. You will need to have a careful record to prove this, and the goods must be complete with all packaging and accessories, and in as-new condition.
For more information on your consumer rights, please visit www.consumerlaw.gov.au
Information which is secure within our business includes:
The personal information we collect is used only for the ordering process. We collect your name, address, telephone number, email address, and payment details (credit card/bank deposit).
Information about you, our customer, is never passed on to any other person, or organisation.
For security reasons, when you place a second or subsequent order by phone, we ask for credit card details again. As a security measure, we don't keep your credit card details on file.
Our website may collect anonymous data (Non-Personally Identifiable Information), which could include data such as search engine referral, traffic via banner ads or other promotions, visitor navigation, popular pages, browser usage, screen resolution and other technical information. This helps to provide us with the information to make your online experience with Johnny Appleseed GPS the best possible.
All Non-Personally Identifiable Information remains anonymous, and can't be associated with any Personal information given (when placing an order for example).
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, or have any questions about the policy please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: The Privacy Manager. We will respond formally in writing once reviewed.